At Caesarstone, minimizing our impact on the environment is a top managerial priority, involving all our employees and departments to assure our sustainability leadership.
We aim to create durable, low-maintenance products that support healthier environments and better use of material resources:
- Low Maintenance - Our surfaces require minimal maintenance and significantly reduce the need for sealants, cleaning materials and detergents.
- High Performance and Durability - Our quartz surfaces are long-lasting and durable, delivering both improved life cycle costs and additional investment value.
- Low-emitting Products - Caesarstone quartz surfaces meet stringent product emissions standards and have very little impact on indoor air quality. All Caesarstone quartz products are independently certified by the GREENGUARD Certification, which is part of UL Environment, a business unit of UL (Underwriters Laboratories), as low-emitting surfaces.
Caesarstone works with the leading sustainability organizations in the green building sector as part of its sustainability leadership. Our certifications for our manufacturing sites and products support our customers' needs for green and healthy building products and contribute to green building projects.
- CE marking indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area. By affixing the CE marking, Caesarstone declares that Caesarstone quartz surfaces meet all the legal requirements for CE marking.
- ISO 14001 is the international standard for establishing an environmental management system to guide working towards: meeting environmental goals; monitoring compliance activities; investing in tools for enhancing a quality environment; employee and supplier training; health and safety procedures; and establishing efficient production processes.
All of Caesarstone’s production plants have a certified Environmental Management System in accord with ISO 14001.
- GREENGUARD: All Caesarstone quartz surfaces comply with GREENGUARD certification, which verifies that Caesarstone products meet the most stringent indoor air emission standards.
- GREENGUARD GOLD: All Caesarstone quartz surfaces comply with the GREENGUARD GOLD standard (formerly known as GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certification), which evaluates the sensitive nature of school populations combined with the unique building characteristics found in schools, and presents the most rigorous product emissions criteria to date.
- Declare label: Building a Transparent Future Caesarstone has added a third-party verified Declare label to most of our interior products so that you can know what is in the products you covet for your next project. Our ingredients are listed on Declare Labels that are verified and approved by an external third party. For full transparency, you can trust what's precisely inside most of our products, which are 100% fit for use in Living Building Challenge (LBC) projects, LEED buildings, and International Living Future Institute (ILFI) initiatives.
- HPD: The Health Product Declaration (HPD)® Open Standard* necessitates a full disclosure of the potential chemicals of concern in products by comparing product ingredients to a set of priority “hazard” lists based on the GreenScreen for Safer Chemicals and additional lists from other government agencies.
- Developed by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), LEED Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design is an American accredited certification program for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings. Caesarstone’s products can contribute to LEED v3 and LEED v4 projects.
- As a member of USGBC, we are a natural partner for green building projects worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.usgbc.org/
- Caesarstone’s recycled models are SCS Global Services certified for recycled content. SCS Global Services is a global leader in independent certification and verification of environmental and sustainable stewardship. Some of our products are made from pre-consumer recycled raw materials such as mirror and glass or high-quality reclaimed post-production waste from the fabrication process.
- Caesarstone quartz surfaces are compliant with the International Health and Safety Foundation sanitary standard NSF51, ensuring that our working surfaces are safe for use in all food environments. Our non-porous surfaces inhibit the growth of mildew and bacteria, thus creating a hygienic surface.
- Caesarstone products abide by the two leading European Food Contact Materials regulations: Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 and Regulation (EC) No 2023/2006 on Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Red List Declaration: This declaration certifies that none of the materials from the Red List (as detailed on the International Living Future Institute), is intentionally added to the listed Caesarstone models.
- Caesarstone products are found in the mindful Materials Library at www.mindfulmaterials.com. mindful Materials is a user-friendly platform that enables the building industry to obtain information concerning statements and certifications regarding quality and enviromental aspects of Caesarstone.
- Caesarstone surfaces are Kosher due to their low porosity.
- Resistant to Fungal growth: Tests conducted by external lab demonstrate that tested Caesarstone slabs are resistant to Fungal growth as per ASTM G21-15.
* The Health Product Declaration® logo is a registered trademark of HPD Collaborative.
Download our Safety Data Sheets: